This short video will do your heart good. It might be called the act of a private public servant. The scene is Toronto.
Guy de Maupassant ends his great novel “Une Vie” with the statement “Life is never as good or as bad as one thinks.” Conservatives should understand that in politics, things are rarely as good or as bad as one thinks in the aftermath of an election.
Hat tip Paul Mirengoff
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville
WELCOME TO RANDOM THOTS
If you are a new reader of Random Thots we invite you to click on the SELECTED POSTS link in the FEATURES sidebar on the right.
Here you will find a list of the most significant articles published within the last year or so, each with a brief synopsis of its content and an easy link to the full article.
Search Random Thots
LAST 20 POSTS
- HOW YOUR TAX MONEY IS BEING SPENT – THE PROCESS
- WHAT DEBT?
- SOMEONE WILL HAVE TO PAY THE BILLS
- A CANADIAN PARLIAMENTARIAN LOOKS AT THE U.S.
- SOLUTIONS ARE NOT THE ROAD TO POWER, A CRISIS IS
- WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY AND IT’S US
- OLD WHITE MEN AND THE FISCAL CLIFF
- WHAT IS THE EUROPEAN VIEW OF AMERICAN POLITICS?
- GIMME THAT OLD TIME SECESSION…
- JOHN KERRY FOR SECRETARY OF DEFENSE
- REACTION FROM A READER
- “MORE FLEXIBILITY AFTER MY RE-ELECTION”
- THE RESCUE OF AIRMAN ROGER LOCHER
- IT WAS NOT ONLY ABOUT STUFF
- AMERICA LOST THE ELECTION
- IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE ELECTION RESULTS HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN DO
- THE LAWN SIGN AND BUMPER STICKER PREDICTOR
- SNIPPETS FROM ELSEWHERE
- OBAMA’S INFRASTRUCTURE DEMOLITION TEAM